Tuesday, May 3, 2011

O I get by with a little help from my wife!

Today when I came home, my wife had two tabs waiting for me. Both could help with this climb.

Right now the major question is whether to tackle the problem of independence through effort that I put in as part of my job or through effort performed on the side. At work I have the advantage of access to the mighty resources of a major institution. I also spend most of my productive (in the work sense) hours there. However, my freedom at work is limited. At home I have many fewer resources and I have less time. However, my freedom is complete.

The two tabs that my wife found can help me progress in both areas. One tab was a job ad for a position developing some nano-optical technologies that could later be commercialized. The other tab was an ad for a Nook. The Nook is currently the best option on the planet for an inexpensive Android tablet. I've been developing for the Android, and have now achieved enough income to replace between 3 and 7 minutes of work per week. But I've been handicapped by the fact that I don't own an Android device.

Actions:
  • I applied for the position
  • I ordered the Android device (with money already made selling Android apps).

No comments:

Post a Comment