Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I've been thinking a fair amount about what direction I should take. One option that I keep coming to is a commercial hosting service for Sage. Sage is amazing, but not many people use it, even in the science community. Actually, I could take that further. Not many people use it even in the portion of the science community that needs to do numerical and analytical calculations on a regular basis.

And yet, Sage is the best candidate in existence for a Universal medium of mathematical expression. Sage needs huge amounts of improvement. But it's already powerful and useful. It just needs to be made more and more accessible. Making Sage accessible would be the role of a good commercial host.

One thing fun about this direction is that Sage itself is fun. I would have a natural excuse to become a Sage Guru.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment